What is this medicine used for?
· It is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
How much and how often should you use this medicine?
Usual Recommended Oral Dose: 50 mg taken, as needed, approximately one hour before sexual activity.
Sildenafil may be taken anywhere from 4 hours to 30 minutes before sexual activity.
Maximum Recommended Dose: 100 mg
Maximum Recommended Dosing Frequency: once a day
- Sildenafil plasma levels are increased in patients with the following condIitions:
- age >65 years
- Severe liver impairment (e.g. cirrhosis)
- Severe kidney impairment (creatinine clearance <30mL/min
- Concomitant use of potent cytochrome P450, 3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, saquinavir)
- Starting dose of 25 mg should be considered in these patients.
- Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, Saquinavir
- Grapefruit juive
- Doxazosin, Alfuzosin, Prazosin, Tamsulosin and other alpha-1-blocking medicines: severe decrease in blood pressure
- Sildenafil 50 mg Film-coated Tablet – Box of 5’s blister foils by 1’s (in polycard)
- Sildenafil 100 mg Film-coated Tablet – Box of 5’s blister foils of 1’s (in polycard)