What is this medicine used for?
- For the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible microorganisms:
- Upper respiratory tract infections including:
- Acute sinusitis
- Acute otitis media
- Acute tonsillopharyngitis
Lower respiratory tract infections including:
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
- Secondary bacterial infections of acute bronchitis
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections including furunculosis, pyoderma and impetigo
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea
- Early Lyme disease (erythema migrans)
- Step down treatment for infections due to susceptible organisms, initially given antimicrobial therapy, particularly parenteral cefuroxime
How much and how often should you use this medicine?
In general, most infections in adults and adolescents (13 years and older) will respond to 250 mg every 12 hours. However, for more severe infections, 500 mg every 12 hours may be recommended.
- Hypersensitivity to Cefuroxime or any ingredient in the product
- Cefuroxime axetil 250 mg tablet box of 100s (in alu-alu foil by 4’s)
- Cefuroxime axetil 500 mg tablet box of 60s (in alu-alu foil by 4’s)