What is this medicine used for?
For the treatment of:
- Herpes simplex virus infections of the skin and mucous membrane including initial and recurrent genital herpes
- Varicella infections (chicken pox)
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
How much and how often should you use this medicine?
- For the acute treatment of herpes: 800 mg to be given every 4 hours. Treatment duration is 7 to 10 days.
- For the treatment of herpes simplex infections (including genital herpes): 200 mg every 4 hours. Treatment duration is usually 7- 10 days but may be extended during severe infection
- Treatment of varicella: 800 mg every 4 hours. Treatment duration is usually 7 days.
- Zidovudine: profound drowsiness and lethargy
- Aciclovir 400 mg Tablet – Box of 30’s (in flex foil by 10’s)
- Aciclovir 800 mg Tablet – Box of 30’s (in flex foil by 6’s)